9.10.2006

nuit.

its sunday evening--
ninish.
most people i know are either watching the new family guy or are studying for the first set of exams. not me. i am thinking at "ninish" this night.

its sunday evening--
and the cleaning didnt get done.
the trash can is overflowing with scraps from the week. the glass in the bathroom is sprayed with white residue from my teethbrushing. the carpet in my bedroom is covered in long blond hair- curly and straight, depending on the day it left my head. the pile of laundry is attrociously overflowing into my designated "shoe space."

its sunday evening--
no study has been done.
luke and john are unread. nell and drostan are waiting for me to write their lives into existence. my communications paper is currently a "Ctrl + N" document [ie- a blank page]. segu sits on my shelf undiscovered. mungo park awaits me.

its sunday evening--
and the errands have not been run.
there is no food in the cupboard. the pictures are sitting at walmart waiting to be picked up. the apples are lonely on their pantry shelf with no accompanying food. the empty containers of my consumption are being compressed into smaller waste as we speak.

its sunday evening--
and its not all my fault.
our washer and dryer are broken. my brothers came in town for the weekend to distract me. the bed was calling me all afternoon. my mind is thinking- it cant study as well.

-so- like i said-

its sunday evening--
and i wonder if it even matters.
the current picture on my desktop is of a black man standing in an old suit with a red tie and a nice hat. he has a cane. he is positioned slightly right of center. the rest of the background is a white concrete block setting. very bright and stark for a desktop background. it gives me a headache to look at. but as the man stands there, sort of slumped over with age, i cant help but wonder if he had lists of things to fulfill through his life-- and is that what made him slump? does it matter that the toilets arent cleaned for another day? does it matter that i forgot to go to the grocery store? why is today the day it all must be done/ solved/ fulfilled/ answered?

its sunday evening--
perhaps it'll matter tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAAAY TOO YOOOUU!! HAAAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CLAIRE THE BUCKET HEAD!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHY!!! Indeed- Happy Birthday to me!! :) Love ya, Annely!!! MUAHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D:D:D hope you get lots of presents! and buckets too!!

    ReplyDelete