9.23.2008

autumn


Fall has arrived for a few days to Clemson and officially on our calendars. Its windy outside just now, and it comforts my heart to know change is on its way. I have been in mourning for the loss of friends for some time now. The older I get, the more difficult it is for me to move on when someone moves away or when I choose to follow the voice of my Father and live in a place apart from my loved ones. Few things have been able to pull me up lately. I escape into good books, football debates and jeering, and into the psalms for comfort. But this weather brings something with it. Something I did not expect. Something that stirs an anticipation in my heart. Something I long for. It whispers, "There is hope of change, after all."

2 comments:

  1. Claire, I love this stirring of life. I want to embrace the beauty and hope I too am sensing in this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss Clemson sunsets. and large bodies of water.

    ReplyDelete