3.02.2009

etch into eternity


Drove in my first snow storm with Matt and Ed across Hurricane Ridge and down the chip truck road to the blue fields of Boise State. Drove in my second snow storm with Brandon just up 385 through Easley following lines and dead-ends into guard rails to Clemson. At the end of each, I slept the best nights sleep I have ever had. At the end of each the silence was palpable, the peace welcoming, the experience exhilarating.

Oftentimes, I am thankful for being from the South, but on snow days especially. And at times when these memories are so poignantly real and appreciated. Etched into the eternities of my memory, my span of life, me.

click on photo or here for more

1 comment:

  1. its snowing in South Carolina and its 70 in Colorado. hmm... what a crazy march!

    ReplyDelete