1.13.2014

2014: A Word and a Verse


The Lord opened my eyes to much ugliness in my heart at the end of 2013. He often uses the seasons of Advent and Lent to soften, reveal, heal and lead me. In December, after the softening and revealing, He pressed upon me the need to claim truth over 2014. This looking forward served as balm to heal my heart. This year, 2014, is the first for which I am claiming a one word of truth and one scripture verse. 

2014's Word: together

When the word "together" was first given, I was a bit disappointed. I had hoped for a word with more mystery and complexity. What a silly thought for what is more mysterious than the joining of different lives into one unit; what is more complex than bending one's hopes, dreams and will to Another's plans? Together represents our forming a family unit of 3 and making this unit central to our plans, actions, etc. Together (more importantly) represents our dependency on doing this life with God's direction, grace and love. We are nothing without Him. Together represents Christ as the center of our lives.

2014's Verse: I will make you wise and show you where to go. I will guide you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

This verse pretty much speaks for itself. It is a promise from the Lord that He will not abandon us. He will not leave us to stumble along searching for a path. His way is clear, His plans bright. I need these words tucked deep in my soul as we make work, community, church and family decisions. I need these words as circumstances turn disappointing. I need these words as negativity rises in my mind. I need His truth. "Turn tumbling blocks to stepping stones," Lord. And soften my heart to hear and follow you.

I will be hashtagging my Instagram pictures that represent the concept in this post as #together2014 throughout the year. I look forward to reviewing the pictures in December next year to see the pictorial journey the Lord has led us on.

No comments:

Post a Comment