3.12.2014

Watch. Listen. Read. 02

Watch
The ImpossibleThis movie is based off of a true story of a family vacationing in Thailand during the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. As a child, I had nightmares of tidal waves and volcanos. When this movie came out two years ago, I feared it would bring back those nightmares so I sent my husband to the theater alone. Last weekend, we watched it together- starting 30 minutes in so that I missed most of the tsunami scenes. I cried a lot and still replay one particular scene in my head often. You guys- I don't want to ruin it for you- just go watch this movie!
Vikings Season Two: This History Channel TV show is gory and graphic and stunning and riveting. #cantstopwontstop

Listen
Mornings: Before the Throne of God Above Pandora station
Evenings: 60s Oldies Pandora station or Explosions in the Sky Pandora station

Read
The Swan Thieves: My brother, Dayne, and I were discussing The Historian and how difficult it is to find a book that grips you in the same manner. I decided to look up Elizabeth Kostova to see what else she has written. The storyline of The Swan Thieves is not my favorite, but her writing is incredibly alluring. If you enjoyed Dracula, try The Historian. If you loved studying the humanities, try The Swan Thieves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment