5.08.2014

the islands || the sea 03

In my very first blog post, I wrote, I keep searching for the islands in the sea to bring life to these hours. To harken back to this idea, I will periodically post examples of current islands and sea in my life. The islands are the inspirations, the joys, the overwhelming blessings of light that restores my soul. The sea represents the brokenness of this world that I am currently wrestling with. It is not the negative; it is that which pulls deep and heavy on my heart.

the sea

memorizing Jeremiah 6:16 

allowing space to sit in grief- a lesson from Lent

aching for the abducted in Nigeria: that they would know, that their families would know, they are not alone and they are loved. 


the islands

enjoying baby led weaning (for solids) and mother-encouraged weaning (for nursing) because of the freedom it's given us (Remember my one little word for 2014 is "together" so I'm focusing on incorporating activities for all three of us: meals together, outings together, etc.)

adoring my new coffee table book: our 2013 photo album titled "August and Everything After" AND August's birthday book

wearing dresses again after a year break

wondering whether to do a #capturetheday hourly photo this Mother's Day (is that a tradition I'd like to uphold?)

hoping to finish August's birthday quilt soon

dreaming of our 5 year anniversary trip to the beach; only one or two nights away but it feels like a HUGE deal to leave August behind

No comments:

Post a Comment