When we moved to Treetops, we purged most appliances from our kitchen cupboards but I could not part with our waffle iron. Crispy homemade waffles are a favorite indulgence for us. Saturday morning breakfast is a luxury of time, chatter and taste.
Having a go-to breakfast option is key when company is in town or when you want to make your family a slow, delicious breakfast. I have a few breakfast favorites in my recipe box, so today I'm sharing with you my waffle recipe.
Make them this weekend. Serve them with berries and syrup or cooked apples. Treat your family to an end of October delight.
2 c flour
¾ c sugar
3 ½ t baking powder
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ c milk
½ c butter, melted*
1 t vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter, vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron until edges are crispy.
*You can add more butter if you like them extra crispy, all the way up to 1 cup.
We love breakfast here. Do you have a good French toast recipe? It is Brandon's favorite breakfast option and I don't ever make it for him. Help a girl out.