8.18.2014

the islands || the sea 06

In my very first blog post, I wrote, I keep searching for the islands in the sea to bring life to these hours. To harken back to this idea, I will periodically post examples of current islands and sea in my life. The islands are the inspirations, the joys, the overwhelming blessings of light that restores my soul. The sea represents the brokenness of this world that I am currently wrestling with. It is not the negative; it is that which pulls deep and heavy on my heart.

the sea 

My heart is heavy in a "what difference can I possibly make" kind of way. Everyone is writing and thinking about the heavy, intense pain occurring worldwide these several months running. In this month's edition of the islands || the sea, I will be focusing on the beauty. In the words of A.J. Arberry, "Today, the earth is beautiful, but men are disillusioned and afraid." There is hope, my friends. Let us cry "mercy, Lord!" and not forget that there is hope.


considering the weight of fostering and thankful for families who speak truth loudly


continuing my cries of "peace, Lord"


wondering how the Lord can use me to transform this dark, dark world (and thanking Sarah Bessey for returning to blogging to bring us this truth)


anticipating refreshing conversations with our ex-DCF community throughout this month



the islands

living in a world where Legos wash up on beaches 


dreaming of needing things like this again


yearning for cool autumn breezes and winter vegetables


devouring every book in sight (and getting to know my local librarian in the process)


rotating my five favorite outfits: wash, wear, repeat.


surprising my mother-in-law by showing up on her doorstep (today!)


No comments:

Post a Comment