9.08.2014

A New England August || Part 03: Coastal Maine


During our New England vacation, everyone was working and Grandma was still in Pennsylvania on Monday so we drove to Maine for a cliff walk. We intended to drive a bit further up the coast but we stopped in York (due to a carseat-weary toddler). I've always been blessed with beautiful white sandy beaches so seeing people in beach chairs on the small patches of sand was definitely a bit strange. In my mind why bother? but then I consider the alternative (no beach time) and I know I'd join the locals if I were one. 







After stretching our legs along the rocky path for a bit, we continued up to Perkins Cove for a bit of lunch at The Roost. The Cove was just slammed with tourists so we only drove through to fondly recall our day alone there years ago. The Roost was not busy but we ordered our sandwiches to go so we could sit in the sunshine and let August roam a bit. 




If you've been here long, you may recall that Brandon and I just 100% love Maine. This quick morning trip had me pining again for a one-day relocation to the Polar Star State. There are no plans and no easy way to see it happening but its still a Loy dream that we hold loosely. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my stash of Maine birch that I rescued from fiery doom. It is happily scattered throughout my house now.










1 comment:

  1. I every time spent my half an hour to read this website's content everyday along with a mug of coffee.


    Feel free to visit my page ... home makeover
    ideas - homeimprovementdaily.com -

    ReplyDelete