9.05.2014

Visitors in August


August was lined up for us to visit with four groups from our Clemson church, DCF. Unfortunately, two of those parties fell through (on our end) so I only ended up visiting with Melissa and Aileen. Brandon wasn't able to see either. August was a month of refreshing conversation and encouraging laughter.


My time with Aileen was glorious. Caneva was visiting so I took the entire afternoon and evening to drive (alone) slowly under the John's Island oaks to Kiawah, relax in the pool, ride bikes on the beach and dine at the Fat Hen on delicious spaghetti squash (amongst other things).  I jokingly hashtagged our pictures on IG with #ailaireEpicLove. (To date one of my favorite hashtags.) Aileen is moving to California this month and I am thankful for the extra time to be together in person.


Melissa's family was vacationing on IOP so she snuck away one afternoon. I'm afraid I sorta dragged her around on a few errands with me ("Hello, barber shop. May I purchase some raw milk?"). But we redeemed the day with iced coffees and heart-deep conversation during August's nap time.


Although I missed seeing the Elmore and Hayes families, I do feel refreshed. I am thankful for the people the Lord has blessed my life with, knowing our hearts and prayers connect us even when geography and timing do not. The reality of community remains sacred, unique and precious. When you find it, friends, do not take it for granted.





1 comment:

  1. Somehow I just saw this... so thankful for time with you and August this summer!
    "I am thankful for the people the Lord has blessed my life with, knowing our hearts and prayers connect us even when geography and timing do not. The reality of community remains sacred, unique and precious. When you find it, friends, do not take it for granted." <-- I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete