1.27.2015

2015: A Word and A Verse



As I mentioned a few weeks back, I've been mulling over this year's One Little Word and a corresponding verse for a month or so. I've asked the Lord to reveal my heart-need for this year so that I could pray a scripture over the unfolding days. Once again, I find myself surprised (and, honestly, a bit disappointed) in my word. But the truth is that I participate in this yearly exercise to focus my wandering attentions and attitudes on solid ground.

2015's Word: today

I am currently pregnant, tired and overwhelmed with renovations, daunted by taming my almost-2-year-old and in desperate need of patience, peace, rest and quiet. I am excited to hold my baby and no longer be swollen with pregnancy but I long to savor the last days of being a family of 3. Rather than wishing away the days of late pregnancy, the endless nights of the newborn haze, the long afternoons of "terrible twos," I am going to praise the Lord for today. I will be grateful for each and every day of 2015 (all 365!).

2015's Verse: This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118: 24

This is simple and needs little narration. The Lord has given me these days; He has created them just for me. I will live them in honor of Him; I will rejoice; I will be glad.


....................................


This year I will be documenting my progress with posts here as well as on Instagram using the hashtag #theLoystoday2015. You can read more about last year's Word and Verse as well as my recap of the 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment