1.20.2016

2016: A Word and A Verse


As I noted on Monday, I take the better part of January to process the turning of the year. I have been mulling over our family's One Little Word (OLW) and Scripture for several weeks, waiting to be sure.

2016's Word: MOVE

2016's Verse: Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms... I Peter 4:10

It is not without some trepidation that I choose this word. First of all, my parents have moved 15 times in 39 years of marriage. Brandon and I moved four times in our first year alone! We are planning on staying at Treetops for several more years so I prayerfully hope 2016 will not include a house move for the Loys. Second of all, we are so tired. We are in a tricky time with the boys where Boston is not yet sleeping through the night and August is enjoying the freedom-to-wander that comes with a real bed. I hesitate to choose a word that can so easily become "do more things!" I am aware of both of these interpretations of "move," but I do not think they represent our year.

Allow me to share my prayer for the year:

May HE move our hearts towards prayer and move our compassion into action.
May we join the movement of our children on the floor, in the yard, at the park.
May our thoughts and dreams move into deeds and passions.
May the blessing of today move us to serve grace to each other, and to others.
May the quiet of our days together fuel the movement of our lives.
May this be a year of growth and development and progress as a family.


....................................


This year I will be documenting my progress with posts here as well as on Instagram using the post tag and IG hashtag #Loysonthemove2016. You can read more about last year's Word and Verse as well as my recap of the 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment