3.16.2012

My Sister is Cooler than Your Sister

or, {MICHEL AND CARY ARE ENGAGED!!!}

One of my personal goals this year is to learn my photography style better. I have a pretty good grasp of what settings exist and what they do. I do not, however, have a good grasp for how to photograph people. Its been an ongoing frustration of mine that I would like to improve (especially before babies. Wait, did I just say that? I think that is the very first time the word "babies" has been written here at Sea and Islands. And swiftly moving on...) I took a few shots for my brother and his fiancee two years ago. And I photographed all of the RIE photo shoots that my Mum and I put together. All of those endeavors resulted in a glaringly obvious I-need-more-practice mindset.To take a step towards this goal, I asked my sister if she and her fiance would like to have some engagement shots taken. They graciously accepted and we set off one COLD Saturday morning to the Duck Pond in North Charleston (Folks, I have never seen so many ducks before! and they are enormous. Brandon carried a stick around with him for a while. I think that goose from his childhood really scarred him.)


Duck Pond

Don't be fooled by the lack of ducks in this shot.
Beautiful Tree
Michel and Cary
Her awesome ring (and mug that I wanted to steal)
Isn't she beautiful. Love her!

2 comments:

  1. two things:

    1. Great photos. I have always thought you have a good eye for photography.

    2. Cold? I question your definition of cold...it's been raining far to many days here! :)

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you're posting again. We need to schedule a date next month at Brandon's wedding and talk. Or maybe before then. Maybe I'll call you today. :) And since you posted it loud on the internet that you want to practice shooting people (my words), want to help me shoot the wedding next month? I've been meaning to ask you. I don't want to do it alone as the day will go by and I"ll have had one eye shut the whole time. Let's talk. And I have always thought you have an eye for photography as well.

    ReplyDelete